Malacañang held firm Tuesday, saying President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. has no reason to take a hair follicle drug test after Sen. Imee Marcos publicly urged him to undergo one while she submits to a DNA test.
Palace Press Officer Claire Castro told reporters the President will not respond to what she called attempts by “destabilizers and obstructionists” to pressure him into actions “that only set conditions for the Chief Executive.” Castro said these challenges do nothing to contribute to governance and only distract the administration.
She added that allegations about the President’s supposed drug use were settled long ago. According to Castro, the President previously tested negative, and there is no basis to revisit the issue simply because a new challenge surfaced.
Castro said the Palace views the matter as closed and sees no need to revive an accusation already addressed. She emphasized that the administration intends to stay focused on its priorities rather than respond to political provocations.
The exchange comes after Sen. Imee Marcos publicly called on her brother to take a drug test while she undergoes a separate DNA test. The Palace did not comment on her remarks beyond stating that the President will not participate.