Surrender of Discaya to the NBI instead of Camp Crame was her ‘personal choice’ – lawyer

Contractor Sarah Discaya chose to surrender to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) as a matter of personal decision.

In an interview, her lawyer Atty. Cornelio Samaniego said that from the very start of their meetings—together with other lawyers—they had already discussed this option.

Read More:  CBCP urges Senate to immediately proceed with VP Sara impeachment trial

He added that there was no coercion involved in her surrender, and she willingly turned herself in.

Meanwhile, Samaniego also shared that Roma Rimando of the Discaya-owned St. Timothy Construction Corp. had grown increasingly anxious, which is why she also surrendered on Monday.

Rimando had reportedly noticed for several days that her home was being monitored.

Read More:  DMW chief to visit Kuwait amid Middle East tensions

Yesterday, news of both Discaya and Rimando surrendering to the NBI was reported.

Their surrender came after President Bongbong Marcos said that an arrest warrant was expected to be issued this week.

(PHOTO COURTESY: SENATE)