ICC document names Bato dela Rosa, Bong Go in drug war case; Go denies allegations

The International Criminal Court has identified Senators Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa and Christopher “Bong” Go as alleged “co-perpetrators” in a case linked to former President Rodrigo Duterte’s war on drugs, according to a redacted document released Feb. 13.

The document outlines allegations of crimes against humanity against Duterte’s camp in connection with the anti-drug campaign. Aside from the two senators, former Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II and several other former government officials were also included in the list.

Read More:  NBI seeks CCTV footage of Sen. Bato’s arrival at Senate

According to the ICC, the officials were allegedly part of a “common plan” to neutralize suspects connected to illegal drugs in the Philippines. The cases cited cover incidents from Nov. 1, 2011, to March 16, 2019, a period that includes the time associated with the so-called Davao Death Squad and the nationwide anti-drug campaign.

In a statement, Go said he had been made aware of the allegations in the ICC document issued by the Office of the Prosecutor on Feb. 13, 2026, where he was identified as an alleged co-perpetrator. He disputed the allegations, describing them as unfounded, one-sided and unfair, and said they do not reflect the reality of his roles and responsibilities during his government service.

Read More:  ICC eyes November 2026 trial for Duterte case

Go said he had no involvement in, knowledge of or authority over the allegations cited. He also said it was inaccurate to claim he served as chief of the Presidential Management Staff. He added that he would continue performing his duties as a senator and focus on serving the public.