Entrepreneur shot while closing store in Gensan

A businessman was shot past 6:00 p.m. on December 28 in Zone 1, Balunto, Barangay Labangal, General Santos City.

The victim was identified as Allan Granada Jr., 38 years old, a resident of the same area.

Based on police investigation, Granada was about to close his store when two unidentified men approached him and suddenly opened fire. After the incident, the suspects immediately fled the scene aboard a motorcycle without a plate number, according to authorities.

Read More:  Residents complain of foul odor from mango company in Malandag

Police said they are currently searching for nearby CCTV footage that may help identify the suspects and establish their escape route.

Authorities disclosed that the victim’s store had been operating for around six months. Investigators are looking into a possible business-related motive, as the victim and his family also manage businesses in Barangay Calumpang, including rice retailing and wholesale, as well as LPG distribution, which police described as doing well.

Neighbors described Granada as a kind and well-mannered person, adding that he was not known to have conflicts with anyone in the area. Police also confirmed that the victim had no reported disputes and had not left the area in the days leading up to the incident.

Read More:  Speed limit law set for activation in General Santos City

In a statement, the victim’s wife said the family is entrusting everything to God as they seek justice for what happened.

Police continue their investigation and have launched a hot pursuit operation for the possible arrest of the suspects. Further updates will be released as more information becomes available.