Up to 1.35M passengers expected at NAIA during Holy Week

Around 1.35 million passengers are expected to pass through Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) from today until April 5, 2026 in line with the Holy Week travel rush.

In a statement, New NAIA Infra Corp. (NNIC) said the projection is higher than the 1.32 million passengers recorded during last year’s Holy Week.

The airport operator noted that demand is expected to remain high, although the increase may be lower than initially projected due to flight suspensions and operating restrictions caused by the ongoing tensions in the Middle East.

Read More:  Senate to convene as impeachment court vs VP Sara Duterte on May 18

To manage the surge of travelers, NNIC said it has deployed additional personnel across the airport, including at check-in counters, immigration, and security screening areas, while strengthening coordination with airlines and ground handlers.

Operating hours for passenger assistance desks have also been extended, with real-time monitoring in place to manage terminal congestion.

Read More:  President may appoint senator or lawmaker as replacement if VP Sara is impeached

These measures are being implemented in coordination with the Department of Transportation (DOTr), Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA), Bureau of Immigration (BI), Bureau of Customs (BOC), Office for Transportation Security (OTS), airlines, ground handlers, and other airport stakeholders.

NNIC added that April 5 is expected to be the peak travel day.

(PHOTO COURTESY: DOT)