A 15-year-old girl who was reported missing earlier this month was found dead in a sugarcane plantation in Barangay Dagat Ki Davao, Valencia City, Bukidnon on Jan. 8, police said.
Authorities described the killing as brutal, noting that the victim’s head had been severed from her body. The remains were discovered in a forested location, with the head found several meters away from the body.
The victim was identified by the Valencia City Police as Jennifer Encarnacion, 15. Police said she was reported missing on Jan. 3, 2026, before her body was later recovered.
Investigators said they are continuing to gather evidence to determine the circumstances surrounding the girl’s death and to identify those responsible. No suspects have been publicly named as of this writing.
In response to the incident, Valencia City Vice Mayor Cecil Galario condemned the killing and announced a cash reward of P200,000 for information that would lead to the identification and arrest of the suspect or suspects involved.
Police have appealed to the public to cooperate with authorities and report any information that may help solve the case. Officials assured potential witnesses that all information provided will be kept confidential and handled securely.
The investigation remains ongoing, with police saying they are committed to pursuing all leads to bring justice to the victim and her family.