Jonvic Remulla denies hospitalization report on Ombudsman brother

Interior and Local Government Secretary Jonvic Remulla on Friday denied reports circulating online that his brother, Ombudsman Jesus Crispin Remulla, had been hospitalized, calling the claim fake news.

Jonvic Remulla said there was no truth to the reports alleging that the Ombudsman, also known as Boying Remulla, was confined in any hospital. He stressed that his brother was in good health and not undergoing any medical treatment.

The interior secretary added that the Ombudsman even played golf on Friday morning, contradicting claims of any medical emergency. He also said they had breakfast together earlier in the day, further disputing the circulating reports.

Read More:  Batangas solons condemn Leviste remarks against Recto couple

“These reports are fake,” Remulla said, dismissing the information as baseless and misleading.

Prior to the statement from the DILG chief, Assistant Ombudsman Mico Clavano also denied the same claims, saying there was no factual basis to reports that the Ombudsman had been hospitalized.

No advisory or official announcement has been issued by the Office of the Ombudsman indicating any health concerns involving Remulla. Officials reiterated that the reports spreading online were unverified and inaccurate.

Read More:  Trillanes claims ICC Warrant issued against Bato

Government officials again reminded the public to exercise caution when sharing information, especially reports involving public officials, as false claims can quickly spread and cause unnecessary alarm.

The Department of the Interior and Local Government urged social media users to rely on official statements and credible news sources, noting the continued rise of misinformation online.

As of Friday, officials said there was no cause for public concern regarding the Ombudsman’s condition and reiterated that he remains in good health.