Ex-PNP Chief Nicolas Torre says he’s ready to help arrest Bato

MMDA General Manager Nicolas Torre III said Friday that he is prepared to assist in the arrest of Sen. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa if President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. formally orders such action.

Speaking during the Kapihan sa Manila Hotel forum, Torre said the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority is open to participating in any manhunt operation if requested by the national government.

Torre made the remark while explaining that the MMDA remains part of the government and can coordinate with other law enforcement agencies when support is needed.

According to Torre, the agency is willing to work alongside authorities should the government seek assistance in carrying out any operation involving Dela Rosa.

Read More:  Sen. Jinggoy Estrada calls DOJ plunder recommendation ‘unjust’

However, he clarified that the MMDA’s role would be limited. He said the agency could only provide support within areas covered by its jurisdiction and would coordinate with the appropriate law enforcement units handling the operation.

Torre previously served as chief of the Philippine National Police before being appointed as MMDA general manager.

During his tenure in law enforcement, authorities carried out operations that led to the arrest of former President Rodrigo Duterte and Kingdom of Jesus Christ founder Apollo Quiboloy, a known ally of Duterte.

Read More:  Around 1M DepEd personnel expected to receive mid-year bonus

Meanwhile, Dela Rosa has not appeared publicly since leaving the Senate on May 14.

Despite questions surrounding his whereabouts, the senator’s camp has maintained that he is not evading responsibility.

His camp has also stated that Dela Rosa is prepared to face complaints within the Philippines, emphasizing that the country has its own functioning judicial system.

As of Friday, no official order regarding the arrest of Dela Rosa had been announced in the statements cited by Torre during the forum.