China rocket spotted over Palawan Skies, military confirms

The Western Naval Command confirmed that a suspected Long March 12 rocket from China was observed passing through the skies over Palawan on Sunday afternoon.

According to the command, the rocket was sighted at around 3:59 p.m. on Jan. 19, 2026, as part of its ongoing real-time monitoring operations. Military personnel were able to record a video of the event while conducting routine surveillance.

The footage showed a visible trail in the sky consistent with a rocket transit. The observation also matched a pre-launch advisory previously issued regarding possible debris drop zones located approximately 20 to 160 nautical miles off the eastern coast of Palawan.

Read More:  DepEd launches disaster risk platform

The advisory identified areas near Puerto Princesa City and the Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park as locations within the potential debris corridor. Authorities said the advisory was issued ahead of time to guide monitoring and preparedness efforts.

The Western Naval Command reported that no injuries, property damage or falling debris were recorded in any part of Palawan following the sighting. No debris was confirmed to have landed on land areas within the province.

Read More:  Defensor links VP Sara survey drop to impeachment silence

Military and other concerned government agencies remain on heightened alert as monitoring continues. The command said surveillance operations are being maintained to ensure public safety and assess any developments related to the rocket’s passage.

Authorities advised the public to remain vigilant and to immediately report to local authorities any suspicious objects or debris that may be found at sea or along coastal areas.

The Western Naval Command said it will continue to coordinate with relevant agencies as part of its mandate to safeguard maritime and airspace security in western Philippine waters.