Mother kills two children in Davao de Oro

A mother admitted to killing her two children after an incident inside their home in Nabunturan, Davao de Oro, on Feb. 17, 2026, according to relatives.

Rey Pescos, the victims’ grandfather and father of the suspect’s husband, told Brigada Davao in an interview that family members arrived and saw the mother in the act of stabbing one of the children.

The victims were identified by aliases Elvin, 3, and Rhea, a 7-month-old infant. The suspect, their 28-year-old mother, was also injured during the incident after harming herself and was later brought to the hospital.

Read More:  ₱916K smuggled cigarettes seized in Zamboanga Sibugay

Relatives said the mother later admitted responsibility for the killings. She remains confined in the hospital due to her injuries.

Pescos said family members had noticed changes in the mother’s behavior several days before the incident. He said there were times when she hurt the children, which he described as different from her previous treatment of them. He said she had been very protective and attentive to the children in the past.

Read More:  Top NPA leader killed in Surigao del Sur encounter

There has been no diagnosis from a doctor, but some relatives believe the suspect may have been experiencing postpartum-related issues. They noted that her husband was working away from home, leaving her to care for the children by herself.

The family said they do not plan to pursue a case against the suspect, citing her condition and hospitalization.

Authorities have not released further details about the investigation. The incident has left relatives mourning the loss of the two children as police continue to handle the case.