Marcos says oil supply enough until June 30 after Russian crude arrival

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. announced that the country’s crude oil supply is sufficient to last until June 30, 2026, following the recent arrival of Russian crude oil shipments.

The President said the shipment amounted to about 22.5 million liters of Russian crude oil, which helped strengthen the country’s available reserves. He made the statement during an ambush interview on Friday morning.

Marcos explained that importing crude oil and refining it locally is more cost-effective compared to purchasing ready-made diesel products. He noted that this approach allows the country to maximize resources while managing rising fuel costs linked to global market conditions.

Read More:  Drilon: Senate has no legal basis for protective custody

Despite the current supply stability, the President said the government continues to search for additional fuel sources. He added that authorities are also providing support to drivers and commuters to help ease the impact of increasing oil prices worldwide.

Earlier in the day, Marcos visited the newly opened NAIA Expressway Phase 2 Westbound off-ramp leading to Terminal 3. The Department of Transportation said the new off-ramp is expected to significantly reduce travel time from the NAIA Expressway to Terminal 3.

Read More:  ICC eyes November 2026 trial for Duterte case

From a previous travel time of about 40 minutes, the journey is now expected to take around five minutes, according to transportation officials.

After the inspection, the President proceeded to Silang, Cavite, where he led the 47th Commencement Exercise of the Philippine National Police Academy.

Officials said the series of activities highlighted both energy security measures and infrastructure improvements aimed at supporting transportation efficiency and national development.