The family of former Barangay Tres de Mayo captain Oscar “Dodong” Bucol in Davao del Sur has increased the reward for information leading to the identification of the mastermind behind his killing, adding a parcel of land to the existing P5.5 million cash reward.
In an interview with Brigada Davao, Jay Caren Bucol said reports circulating about the added land reward are accurate. She said the family decided to offer additional incentives to encourage anyone with knowledge of the crime to come forward.
Jay Caren Bucol did not disclose the size or exact location of the land being offered. She said the move is intended to persuade the gunman or any individual involved in the crime to provide information, including those believed to have been inside a red Toyota Innova allegedly used during the shooting.
Oscar Bucol, a former barangay captain of Tres de Mayo in Davao del Sur, was shot and killed on Nov. 25 last year. The case remains under investigation by authorities.
Jay Caren Bucol expressed concern over what he described as a lack of recent updates from the Special Investigation Task Group handling the case. He said both the Philippine National Police and the National Bureau of Investigation were previously active in the probe but have since gone quiet.
“They were visible before, but now there are no updates. When we ask, there is no new information,” she said.
Despite the slow progress, the Bucol family said they remain hopeful that justice will be served. They also assured that protection will be provided to any individual who may come forward as a witness in the case.
Authorities have not released additional details on the status of the investigation.