VP Sara Duterte files new perjury complaint against Ramil Madriaga

Vice President Sara Duterte filed a new perjury complaint against Ramil Madriaga at the Taguig City Prosecutor’s Office on Tuesday.

Duterte was accompanied by her legal counsel, Atty. Paolo Panelo, during the filing.

The vice president had previously filed a perjury complaint against Madriaga at the same office in March.

Madriaga had identified himself as a former aide of Duterte.

He appeared before the House Committee on Justice in April, where he accused Duterte of using ₱125 million in confidential funds from the Office of the Vice President in only 24 hours instead of 11 days.

Read More:  Tinio says Marcos should not ‘wash his hands’ over reported ₱24-B leadership fund

Madriaga also alleged that former President Rodrigo Duterte instructed him to monitor, conduct operations against and sabotage his critic, former Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV.

He further claimed that he helped establish the group Inday Sara is My President, or ISIP, which he said was used to organize and finance Duterte’s planned presidential bid before she ran for vice president in 2022.

In his supplementary affidavit, Madriaga admitted that he allegedly served as a dummy in the transfer of large amounts of money during the administration of former President Duterte.

Read More:  Sison rebukes Ligutan over ‘misleading questions’ post in impeachment trial

Madriaga also disclosed an alleged discussion involving possible ways to remove President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. from office by 2025 and install Vice President Sara Duterte as president.

The new perjury complaint was filed at the Taguig City Prosecutor’s Office, where Duterte had also lodged her first complaint against Madriaga in March.

The latest filing follows Madriaga’s allegations before the House Committee on Justice and statements contained in his supplementary affidavit.

No further details about the new complaint were provided in the information available.