PWD allegedly assaulted by cousin in General Santos City

A 46-year-old Person with Disability was brought to the hospital after his cousin allegedly assaulted him in General Santos City.

The incident reportedly happened on August 16 in Purok One, Barangay Mabuhay, involving resident Tito Laurente.

Authorities identified the alleged attacker only by his nickname, Marlon, who reportedly shares a family relationship with Laurente.

According to relatives, both men had been drinking before the alleged assault happened late that evening in their neighborhood.

The family said Marlon confronted Laurente after seeing him walking along the street despite the late hour that night.

Read More:  Shooting at Ateneo de Zamboanga University leaves two dead

A resident who witnessed the incident described the alleged assault and said several people were nearby when the confrontation happened.

The victim’s family later sought assistance from Mabuhay Police Station after the incident and pursued appropriate legal action against the suspect.

Relatives said the assault left Laurente with serious injuries that required immediate medical attention and continued hospital treatment afterward.

Read More:  Authorities raid Davao steel plant after alleged radioactive, substandard steel discovery

The family continues to monitor Laurente’s condition while seeking appropriate medical care and assistance during his recovery from injuries.

Police continue investigating the incident to establish the circumstances, verify accounts, and determine the appropriate legal action against the suspect.

Authorities are also expected to gather additional statements and evidence as investigators work to establish what happened during the incident.

The victim’s relatives urged authorities to thoroughly investigate the case and ensure that the appropriate legal process follows the reported assault.

Source: Ever Diazon, Brigada News FM Gensan